Sunday, July 02, 2006

Wasting away again in Magaritaville

SB and I decided the spend most of Friday together alone. We did some shopping, walked around Broadway on the Beach, Chilled in Margaritaville and played some more Putt-Putt. It was a lovely afternoon and I really enjoyed just hanging out with him. I could really tell the vacation was doing him a world of good. He hadn't flinched about how much we were spending once! I couldn't believe it!


Everyone decided to join us for supper at Margaritaville...after an hour & 1/2 wait.....(we chilled out on the "Sand Bar" and people watched so it didn't seem that long)....we went inside for Cheeseburgers in Paradise! I wanted to eat here just for the atmosphere alone....I don't know if you've ever been in one of Jimmy Buffett's restaurants but he has the "cheese" factor down! I loved all the over the top decorations and the giant blender in the middle of the room was awesome. What I didn't realize was when "It's 5 o'clock Somewhere" came on that the "show" began. There was a giant hurricane cloud on the ceiling that began spinning around...lightening flashed and suddenly a large bottle of Margaritta Mix pours into the 10' blender! It was funny to watch as the waitresses filled glasses from the blender and took around to customers. The meal was ok, and the shopping was good....but the best part was just hanging out.......

Just one more day and vacation is over.....bummer!


Saturday - I finally did it! I rode SB's bike! He took me for a long ride down Ocean Blvd.....not the main one.....we actually went toward China Grove.....or as I call it "Little Mexico" I can see the attraction of riding along the beach and having the wind in your hair (no helmet law).....but I was not an easy passenger when it came to traffic....I almost had him drop me off along the side of the road but I hung on until we got back home.


And then it was time to pack up and head back home.....hope Stepmonster hasn't destroyed it while we were gone....

No comments: