Sunday, July 02, 2006

Bike Week

I love vacations!!! I don't really care where I go as long as I have fun people to hang with.

We left for the beach around 11am on Mother's Day and arrived at the beach house around 4pm. Not bad considering we stopped for lunch and it rained most of the way there.

Once we unloaded and showed everyone around, I walked out on the beach with my brother and his family. The wind was fierce but I got some great pics of the surf. We ordered pizza and just relaxed all evening.

Monday - The guys got up early and went to unload all the bikes. I took a long walk along the beach....took my camera...got some great pics a jelly fish and other unusual things along the way. My brother's bike wasn't running right so he decided to hang with the ladies for the day. UH OH....this is not looking good for us! He will be a total pain the in A$$ if his bike doesn't get to running properly! We say a silent prayer that God will have mercy on us and then we head to Barefoot Landing. If you've never been, this is like a Giant Shopping Center surrounded by a man-made lake. We walked around all day looking at the bike vendors and shops. Christine is exhausted so I take her back to the house and we get ready for dinner. After dinner SB & I join Ronnie & Lisa in a fun game of Putt-Putt. I just love Putt-Putt even if I hardly ever win. I took my camera along and got a great shot of Ronnie's Hole-in-One. I am so loving this camera!

Tuesday - While I went on my morning stroll, I see several cop cars at a house up the street, curiosity gets the better of me so I walk slowly... *G*.... Anyway, it turns out the college kids who were staying at that house had accidently set off a fire alarm. I kept walking around the block and ended back up at the house as the cops are evicting the kids in the house beside us! We knew they were partying but they had not been loud enough to wake any of us..... so we all sat on the porch and watched as they were photographed along with their cars. The cops gave them 15 mins. to get out. As the cops were pulling out we asked one of the guys what happened. He said that they had set off the fire alarm about 3AM by using the fire extinguisher. He said that he didn't know why they waited 5 hours to come see what the problem was though! I agree! *L* Anyway, after asking if they could crash on our porch all 15 guys headed out to find somewhere to crash for the rest of the week. We sort of felt sorry for them until they told us they had been kicked out of everywhere they rented for Spring Break for the last 4 years!
Once everything settles down, Sugarbritches and his buddy Ronnie take a look at my brother's bike. In a matter of minutes they figure out the problem and have him on the road! THANK YOU LORD!!! I'm telling you it would have ruined everyone's vacation if he had to be stuck with us all week while the men road their bikes. We decide after breakfast that the guys will go riding around for awhile and we will meet up at the House of Blues around 2pm.

More of my fabulous vacation to follow tomorrow.....

No comments: