Sunday, July 02, 2006

Dolphins, lunch, waves......not the best combo....

I must say that this vacation has been really nice....not too much going on but I am doing things that I have wanted to do for several years......

Thursday - Dolphin Cruise! 6 of us pack a lunch and head out to Calabash. I was so looking forward to getting on the boat and chasing dolphins all afternoon...... Took a few pics before getting on the boat, I rush to the front looking for the best seats. Didn't find a seat but did find the perfect spot for pics! After the Capt. gives us the safety drill, history of the boat, and weather report ( "2' waves...perfect seas for dolphin wacthing") we are on our way. I have my camera strap wrapped around my hand several times with SB standing close by just in case I drop it. Nervous much? *G* Just a few minutes into the cruise we start seeing packs of dolphins swimming along in front of the boat! I am soo excited I just love dolphins! I think they are just beautiful as they glide along the water. SB says he can get better shots from his angle so I hand him the camera and trust that I can watch them as he gets some great shots. Not a minute later he says..."Uh-Oh, you are out of memory" I pull the camera from him and start looking for pics I can erase from the memory......

Me: Ohhhh, I feel woozy......

SB: Look out towards the shore...find a spot and focus...it will pass...

Me: ooooo.....I'm gonna be...BLECH......BLECH.......BLEEEECCCCCHHHHHH..........oohhhhh

SB: go to the back of the boat....it will feel better back there....

Me:...ooooohhhhh....OK......

I take a few steps and hurl again! I finally make it to the inside of the boat and kind of rest there. I miss the educational part of the trip where the Capt. brings out all these different varieties of fish, shark, and plant life. I also miss the ride back......I stayed in that spot until the boat docked.....the whole time I'm thinking..."How am I gonna survive a week on a cruise?"


We go home and I rest/recover while the men head out to The Rat Hole.....sounds pleasant enough right? *L* Either they weren't that impressed with the place or they were VERY impressed and decided not to tell us when they got home *LOL*

No comments: