Monday, July 24, 2006

I Survived!!

Whew! Boy am I glad to be home!

We were told to be at the hospital at 7:30 am and my surgery would be at 9. Well, they finally came to get me at 10:30! The good news is that I was back in my room by 1:30pm! The Dr. came to see me after I got settled and said that the mass was indeed 1 mass and it was much larger than it appeared on the sonogram. I have always been an overachiever! *L* He said that it had become necrotid (sp?) which means DEAD and was causing scare tissue to build up. He decided that it would be too "dangerous" to take the uterus so he just took the mass and the left ovary. He came in Friday morning to check out the incision and to see how everything was going, after giving me the once over he said I could go home then if I wanted to! WOW! It went from staying 3 or 4 days to you can leave in less than 24hrs! Sugarbritches asked if I could stay one more night since he had to work and he knew we couldn't count on stepmonster to help out if I needed anything and the Dr. said sure! *G* Gotta love him!

So I came home Sat. afternoon. My stepmom brought over supper for us on Sat. and my mom brought over TONS of food on Sunday so SB shouldn't have to cook at all this week! My mom had asked me if there was something I wanted and I told her I missed her meatloaf and homemade biscuits. She brought all the southern favorites....fried chicken, meatloaf, cornbread and biscuits, greenbeans, homemade mashed potatoes, pinto beans (for SB...I don't eat 'em! *G*) and a banana cake for dessert! She said that she was sure SB wouldn't want to cook especially when he was working and that all of that would freeze if needed so he could just take it out and warm it up. My other SIL is suppose to bring dinner tonight.....we really don't need it but I don't want to hurt her feelings so we will take it and figure something out later! Maybe I'll invite everyone over for dinner! *G*

I am still very sore but I am learning to walk slow and take breaks every little bit so I should be up and running before too long!

Stepmonster continues to be just that, but I am not even worried about it! I have had so many people call to check on me, send me cards & flowers, help with meals, etc. that I know that I am loved. I have been trying to figure out a way to show these people how much I appreciate everything they have done.... a simple "Thank You" card doesn't seem to be enough. If you have any ideas, please pass them along.....

Hope you have a great week!

No comments: