Friday, October 27, 2006

What do Carrot Top, Thieving Neighbors and a Good Friend have in common?

Why me of course! Are you new here? Everything is about me! *LOL*


First let me get to the Good Friend.....Hubby has worked with this guy for years, as a matter of fact when "The Great Co." sent hubby back to school he asked friend to go too. He & his girlfriend have been riding buddies and we've gone on vacation w/ them the last few years. Good people. I got a call today from good friend (hubby was asleep) who was a little bummed. It seems that he was offered a Day Shift job! ( I thought this was great news...he and hubby have worked nights almost the entire time they've worked at "The Great Co.") Friend was bummed because it would be an opposite shift from SB and he didn't want to take it. He was going to try to get someone to switch shifts with him so at least he & hubby would work the same days. Bless his heart! *G* When SB got up I told him what was going on and that he should call good friend. After talking a little bit SB said that he would take the 1st shift if it were him because who knows when the offer will come around again. Another guy in SB's dept. called and said he was going to 1st shift as well. Only on 8hrs though.....SB is next in line for 12hr day shift so we are just praying that comes soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thieving Neighbor...not to be confused w/ Swinging Neighbor.....is a real piece of work. I used to like this guy, he is a heavy drinker but seems like a nice enough guy. Until yesterday...remember next door neighbor who moved out recently? Well, they had a building in their backyard (actually 2 bldgs, but SB & I bought one) and that thieving neighbor came in yesterday w/ a truck and STOLE the bldg.!!! Now I know #1 neighbor doesn't live there anymore but when that house is foreclosed on they will included the bldg. in the amount owed because it was included in the mortgage. So say the house & Bldg. were valued at $125,000...without bldg. it may sell for $115,000 and that would leave #1 neighbor still owing $10,000.... I think that's a $h!tty thing to do to #1 neighbor. And it stinks for new neighbor (whoever that may be) because they will have to buy a new bldg. I told SB today that the more I think about it the more I don't want to hang around these people. If they would do something like that to #1 neighbor what would stop them from doing something like that to us?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Carrot top....oh how I wish I were going to tell you the tale of that quirky, prop loving comedian.....but it's just not to be.

Yesterday I went to get my hair cut....can you tell where this is going?
Hairdresser: "Wanna try something fun for fall?"

Me: "Sure, what do you have in mind?"

Hairdresser: "What if we added a few red streaks to your highlights?"

Me: "Sounds fun, and hey if I don't like it we can just fix it next time right?"

Hairdresser: "Let me get the chemicals ready....."

DID YOU NOTICE SHE NEVER SAID WE YES TO THAT STATEMENT? If so, WHERE WERE YOU YESTERDAY???????

OK, so she adds the streaks...which she LOVES by the way, and she tells me the "red will get a little more dull by the end of the week"...and then she gives me a cute cut and shows me how to wear it a little more "dressy" for the cruise. I never noticed that the "RED" streaks were actually ORANGE until SB came in a looked at it! His comment..."Wow, going for the fall leaf look are we?" I could have cried! He said he actually likes the color just not the curly do.....thank goodness that washed right out! *LOL* But as I sit here the next day my hair has become more orange and brown that it was yesterday! SO if you see me out, please just ignore the hair...hopefully it will return to it's former glory in a few short weeks! And it better because I only have 28 more days until the CRUISE!!!!!

No comments: