Friday, October 20, 2006

Life Insurance paid up.....CHECK!

Well, it had to happen some time! I come from a long line of red-neck and white trash people. (Wanna know how I can tell the difference? Rednecks will give you the shirt off their back. White trash will steal your pants while you are looking for a shirt! *G*) At any rate, coming from this colorful background I should be ashamed to make this next statement. I have never been on a 4-wheeler (ATV for you non-southerners)!!! Shocking I know! Well that's all going to change tomorrow! Since I have booked an ATV Jungle Adventure in Cozumel, I thought it might be wise to learn how to operate such a vehicle before the trip. My dad is all excited to teach me! *G* My stepmom is coming to record the event for posterity (translation: BLACKMAIL) Dad said we would take it slow on Friday but if I did well, then we will go on some great trails at Brown Mtn. Park. I am looking forward to it if for no other reason than I will get some great fall leaf photos while we are out there.


October is shaping up to be a very adventurous month for me. Next weekend I will be attending the Hot-Air Balloon Rally in Statesville, NC. and I hope to be able to hitch a ride on one! I've never been in a hot-air balloon and even if I just get a tethered rope ride at least I can mark that off my "25 Things to do before I turn 50" list! *G*

And to top off this ever so adventurous month, I will be attending the neighborhood Halloween Party at my swinging neighbors' house! Don't you wish you were me? *L* Sugarbritches and I have been looking at the Party City Catalog for costumes.....I told him to go as a Kissing Booth but he was afraid of what he might catch over there! I was going to go as a nun but he said that was a little reduntant....since he "ain't gettin' nun" until his surgery! Oh, that SB, he's a riot ain't he? *G*

As a side note to that..I lost another 3lbs according to the Dr.! (woohoo!) 65 more and SB is under the knife! I've been singing Rod Stewart's hit "The First Cut is the Deepest" every time I see him!


That's not insensitive is it?

2 comments:

Queen Of Cheese said...

I like your sense of humor, I too would be singing that if it were my hubby. Of course now I've got it stuck in my head and I'll be singing it all day long. The 4-wheeler in the jungle things sounds like a lot of fun, your probably right to try it out here first.

D said...

Thanks MrsCoach! Don't you just love Rod Stewart? *G* BTW, We had a blast today!