Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekend update

Last Tues. was stepmom's B-day. She wanted to take a ride on the Catawba Queen to celebrate. The Catawba Queen is a Riverboat that will take you on a 2 hour tour along Lake Norman. We decided to do the lunch cruise and to change things up a bit we invited all the hubbies to join us. It was a fun little trip. While we cruised around admiring all the lovely homes, they served lunch and gave a brief history of the area. It was interesting and a fun way to spend the afternoon. Several people in our party thought about coming back for the Luau Cruise. It looked to be a fun night! SB suggested they build a hotel nearby so people who "enjoyed the party" a little too much could just crash there instead of trying to drive home. Only he would think that was needed! *G*

After leaving the men to find their own way home, stepmom, SIL and I went to the Scrapbook store. There was so much new stuff I still don't know if I saw it all! I love looking at all the new paper, embellishments and stuff. And let's face it I love buying all of it. The only problem comes when I have so much stuff at home that by the time I get around to using it, it's already out of style! *G* I am going to set a goal to not buy anything else until I have used at least 10 different things from my stash! Wish me luck!

After shopping, we came home and decided to go out to dinner....guess we just didn't spend enough money that day! We went to Texas Roadhouse and although it was good and the company was fun, I was so ready to come home and just chill out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today was a normal Sunday meaning that I was up at 7:30 to get ready for church. Afterwards we went to lunch...again! Wonder where all my Cruise savings are going? Anyway, I am home now catching up on emails and such and listening to the Carolina Panthers game. Bless 'em! I hope they finally win one today! SB has gone to softball practice...which the team DESPERATELY needs! They are currently 0-4. But they all say they are having fun so I guess that is the most important thing. I am just glad SB is enjoying himself. He is still in a fairly good mood so anything that encourages that is great for me! *L*

Hope you all have a great week.

1 comment:

Queen Of Cheese said...

About 4 years ago I bought a ton of scrapbooking stuff, the scrapbook is still in the wrapper but I've used all the stuff on posters for the kids art projects, etc. I need to find a business who scrapbooks for a fee, I have a ton of pictures, recital stuff, game tickets, etc but just no real desire to put it all together!