Thursday, September 07, 2006

I may lose a leg....

In the last 9 days I have been to the Dr. no less than 3 times. Something is wrong with this picture!
I hate going to the Dr. and now I have further reason. You all know that my family Dr. insists that I have high BP, well he did tell me Tues. that it was lower and that I am NOT anemic! YEAH!! Then he tells me the bad news....My sugar is a little high...not dangerous high and nothing that can't be fixed with losing a little weight. (Well, why I haven't I thought of that? GRRR)
And if that isn't enough, I have had these red spots come up on my legs...both legs...almost identical spot. I ask Dr. what he thought it was and he insists that I have been bitten by something (although I don't remember that happening) and he gives me an antibiotic to try for a week. Well I go back yesterday and the spots actually look worse! So he gives me a new prescription and tells me to come back next week and if it isn't any better then we'll have to try something else. I leave there with a diet plan, another scheduled appt., and red spotted legs. I go to CVS to get the prescription filled and when the cashier rings it up...all I can say is "HOLY SMOKES BATMAN!" really! That's exactly what I said! That crazy woman wanted me to pay $110 for 10 little pills!!!!!! And yes, I have Ins.....great Ins. in fact. The leg will just have to fall off! The nice cashier sensing that I don't want to pay that much says that I can call Dr. and he can recommend something else. Whew! Ok, I'll do that. Guess what? Dr. says this is best medicine..you need this medicine...(And no I don't know why he suddenly started talking in broken english) So, I have to use some of my cruise money to save my leg! At this point I'm thinking a peg leg would look cool sitting on the deck of the cruise ship...what do you think?

No comments: