Monday, September 11, 2006

Ahhhh.. Nice

What a lovely weekend. Nothing overly exciting but it was just nice spending some quality time w/ sugarbritches. I told him Sunday that I didn't realize how much he must have missed spending time with me until this weekend. He was an absolute pleasure to be around all weekend!

Friday afternoon we went to the Y to work out and since he got there before me I stayed a little longer while he went to rent us a couple of movies. We grilled some burgers and sat down to watch "The Sentinel" and "Final Destination 3" Both were pretty good but we laughed out loud at the way we change the fate of the characters on FD3. If you get the chance rent this movie just for that option. *G*

Saturday we went to help out at the church for a little while and then came home to shower and head out the Morganton Fall Festival. That's the great thing about living in the south in the Fall. There is always a fair or festival going on within driving distance. I had been wanting to go to the Festival since I heard that Billy Corrington was going to be there...can you say YUM? But I didn't think SB would want to get into all that crowd so I didn't say anything until he mentioned not wanting to do the "same old same old" When he agreed to meet my brother and SIL I was thrilled! We walked around and made fun of all the little signs and T-shirts we saw...."Save a Deer, Eat More Possum" that kind of thing. SB talked me into getting a characiture (sp?) made and even though the guy gave me big ears, a big nose and a fat lip, I was pleased with it! *L* I must tell you that even though Billy wasn't scheduled to go on until 9pm we got there at 5:30 thinking that would be plenty early....WRONG! We couldn't even see the stage! But I was determined to at least HEAR him sing so we sat through the opening act (Julie Roberts)until she started mutilating John Cougar Melencamp's "Hurt's so Good" We did wait around until 9:40 and when he still hadn't come on stage we left. No studly singer but I had a great time anyway!

Sunday was another nice day..started with breakfast w/ SB and then after church we came home for a nice relaxing stretch on the sofa until we went to practice softball. And before your jaw falls completely to the floor, no I wasn't playing but SB was so I came to take pics! Nothing better than sweaty tan men running around after a ball! *L*

SB was in such a good mood all weekend. So glad that my darling hubby is back!

Here's hoping is just not a short visit!

No comments: