Tuesday, August 09, 2005

CK convention..fun, friends,fantastic prizes! *L*

Well I don't know about the fantastic prizes part but I did have fun hanging w/ my friends! I must admit that I was a bit of a party pooper though Friday night....I blame it on Thurs.! *G* let me explain...

Thursday at work I had to finish up 2 projects...took some doing but got it done...came home long enough to say "hey" to hubby, grab my scrapbook supplies and head to my LSS. After fighting traffic I get there at 4:40pm. I work on a card that I wanted to submit for a contest at the CK convention. I help the owner get set up for a Scrapworks Demo and then stay for the Demo...we go out to eat supper at 10:30pm! I head home....I get home, get settled, finish packing and lay down. Hubby comes in and wants to chat! Knowing I won't see him for a few days I decide to talk for a few minutes. By this time it is 12:30 and I have to get up at 5am!! I wake up at 2am!! I mean WIDE AWAKE!!! Can't go back to sleep AWAKE!!!! I try reading a book, playing online, everything..nothing works until 4:30 am when I suddenly get REAL sleepy! Can't go to sleep now..it's almost time to get up! So I get a shower, pack the car up and head out to Charlotte! After stopping for Breakfast we get there at 8am just in time to volunteer for 4 1/2 hrs. at the registration booth! After that, grab a quick lunch, and head to a class (review of classes will come at a later date) and then shopping until we meet up with friends at 6 for dinner and drinks! By 8:30pm it is all I can do to crawl into the elevator to get to my room! I am asleep by 10:30! I just can't run w/ the big dogs anymore!

Saturday was almost as busy with classes and shopping. I did get to see quite a few of my scrapping buddies... (Amy, Heather, Debbie, Anne, Julie, Libby, just to name a few) I only wished I had had more time to just visit with you guys! I got some cute things and made a couple of little projects. We got home around 6pm and after loading the washing machine and unloading all my new goodies I crashed! Can't wait to do it all again next year!

No comments: