Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sugarbritches is trying to Kill me!

*EDIT* This post was originally written on Nov. 14th but I forgot to post it! DDOOHH!

I am sure SB is trying to kill me.


My bosses gave me the day off today and I thought I'd spend a little extra time at the Y in hopes of shedding another pound or two hundred before the cruise. I walked on the treadmill...did some 100lb. leg presses...few arm exercises...and then got on the elliptical from H&LL. Two hours into it and I was doing great! Then SB came in and asked if I would like to go on a little hike to the South Mtn. waterfall. Now, I vaguely remember the last time I went to this waterfall but I do remember almost needing the rescue team to haul my big butt out of there. But...I've been exercising and building up my strength so I should be fine.....right?

My legs started hurting on the drive TO the trail...this should have been a warning....I took my camera along and was doing great for about 3/4 of the 1.2 mile hike to the waterfall. Did I mention it was an uphill hike? Rocky terrain...wet leaves...fun times! I was about 300 feet from the falls when I hit "the wall" (you know the point where you just don't think you can take another step?) I know it was 300' because I counted ever step! Finally I crawled up to the lookout area and in between pants and gulps for air I took some great pics. After a few minutes of resting, SB was ready to head back down. Coming down was much easier so I decided I could walk around a little more before we headed to his truck. Did I mention the leg presses and my legs hurting....well SB has a truck that is so high that on a good day I can barely climb in it....you can see where this is going can't you? I was sure we were going to have to borrow a crane to get me into the truck or I was just going to have to live in the forest forever. I was sooo sore! I finally crawled up in the truck and groaned and moaned all the way home. I could hardly walk that night or the next morning. SB said it wasn't the hike that had me so sore but that I had been using too much weight at the Y. Of course he would say that...NOW...AFTER I was ready to die. Where was he when I was feeling froggy enough to add more weight to my routine huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but laugh (although of course I feel bad for you!!) through the descriptive details of your day! LOL! I am so proud of you for, first of all, being able to work out that long and then, most of all, for even considering going with SB on the hike! I would have said NO from the get go! You are doing great girl! I do hope some of the soreness is gone for you now!! I hope you have a GREAT THANKSGIVING!