Tuesday, November 21, 2006

been a long time.....

I hate to keep saying it...but it's been another busy week at the Bay. Nothing exciting to report, just alot of errands and such. I'm still trying to get everything packed for our fabulous vacation! I can hardly wait to get out of town! Four more days and I'll be Charleston Bound! I still need to pick up a few things and pack a few things but I think for the most part I am ready! The only hold up has been getting our Ship Documents from our Travel Agent. She said she mailed them last Monday. They are coming from Alabama....and I know things go at a slower pace down here in the South but even the Pony Express could have gotten them here by now!

Sunday was the day of food! We had a church-wide Thanksgiving Fellowship Meal right after service Sunday morning. After coming home and falling into a Turkey coma for an hour (I couldn't believe I got to do that!) We headed over to my Dad's for our Family get together. More food, more fun w/ flying squirrels and then home again. "Flying Squirrels" you ask? Well, it seems my nephew (Steve Irwim wannabe) has just recently acquired a flying squirrel which he brought to Thanksgiving dinner! Oh yeah. Only in the south! This is the same kid who has an iguana, and a blue tip lizard in his bedroom! God Bless his mom! I would just be creeped out but she seems to handle it all in stride. It was kind of cute to watch the little guy jump from one family member to another....from a safe distance of course....because let's face it....it is just a rodent w/ fur after all! I have one more family obligation this week and then it's 2 days of final preparation and then we are off! I hope you guys all have a great Thanksgiving and I hope you have safe travels wherever you go!

No comments: