Friday, January 27, 2006

Mid life Crisis.....or

Why I decided to take a class at the community college. *L*

I do think I must be going through some kind of mid-life crisis though. In the last few months I haved joined the Y, began having highlights put in my hair, and yesterday I started a Digital Photography Class at the local Community College!

Joining the Y has been...what's the word I am looking for... hard?...sweaty?... rewarding? All three! I knew I was WAY out of shape but just this week I think I am hitting my stride. In the beginning I could only walk on the treadmill for about 30 mins. at a very slow speed. Now I am doing a 2.5 mile cross country course! It takes me an hour to do it but the trainer told me for now I should concentrate on the length of time I walk not the speed. I wish I could tell you that I have lost tons of weight working out but the truth is I have only lost I think around 15 lbs. in 3 months. If I could just get my diet under control I think I could really drop some pounds! One thing at a time... *G*

As for the highlights....well I did need to cover some increasing gray but I think the main reason I decided to do this was something more than just vanity. I do like my hair this way...and covering the gray is a definite bonus! But I think the main reason for the change was THE CHANGE itself. Does that make sense? I am not going through menopause...at least I don't think I am! *L* I mean just doing something a little more daring, adventurous, you know?

The Class is something along those lines as well. I got a digital camera awhile ago and I don't think I have ever used it to it's full potential. Well, in a few short weeks I hope to change that! Next week we are going to start using different settings. I am also hoping he will show us how to share those images with you guys! He told us that we may learn some website design as well. I am also thinking about taking his next class which will be Nature/Landscape Photography. He said that the class would go to Stone Mountain alot for class. Doesn't that sound like something cool to try?

Another thing I have tried to do in the last few years is travel. I am saving now for a Cruise Sugarbritches and I are taking in Nov. I want to swim with the dolphins on the trip so I need to really lose some serious weight before then. No way am I getting into a wet suit at my size! Someone may mistake me for a humpback whale and harpoon my butt!!!

If you can think of any exciting things I should try before my brain returns *G* feel free to share!

2 comments:

LisaK said...

Sounds like just "pure fun" to me. I don't think it has anything to do with "mid-life". I am so glad you are getting to enjoy these things. You go girl! Keep on doing it for as long as you can!

D said...

Thanks Lisa! I am thinking of taking a few more classes after this one....we will see.

Amy, I am 36!!! That's about mid-life! *L* and btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!