Monday, December 05, 2005

Dashing All the Weigh

Cute play on words huh? *L* The Y is offering a 6 week free membership to anyone who is interested in losing weight over the holidays. I signed up Sat. Now, I am already a member but if I can maintain or lose weight over the next 6 weeks then I could win some "Fabulous Prizes!" So I can't believe I am saying this but.....


.... after church today I went to lunch with my family and then....are you ready for this?......I VOLUNTARILY went to the Y and worked out for an HOUR! I know I was shocked myself!

I have been working on the little plan my trainer set up and as of Friday I had lost 6 lbs. No great amount I know but the fact that I am still going to the gym is a great accomplishment! *LOL* Just to give you an idea of my routine of torture...let me tell you what I did today.

First....30 minutes on treadmill at 2.8 mph...again not lightening speed but I am getting there!

Then it's grab the old clipboard and chart and hit the weights...this is actually my favorite part of working out...I can only get through the boring walk by reminded myself of what I "get" to do afterwards...

"Back Press" (not all descriptions will have their "technical" names) 3 reps of 20 at 125lbs
Lat Roll - 3 reps of 15 at 25lbs
Tricep Press - 3 reps of 20 at 30lbs
Vertical Bench Press - 3 reps of 10 at 35lbs
Abdominal - 3 reps of 20 at 75lbs
Torso Rotary - 3 reps of 20 at 30lbs
Shoulder Press - 3 reps of 10 at 25lbs
Arm Curls - OK don't laugh but for some reason I can only do the bar (10lbs)...I do 3 reps of 10 on this one

I have slowly added weight and reps to all of these except that darn Arm Curl! I just can't seem to do any better on that one! I think I may have Carpel Tunnel Syndrome....yeah that's it....it couldn't be that I am a weakling or anything....must be CPS! *G*

After that work out I came home took a hot shower and crashed! I know alot of people say they have tons of energy after working out...not me....I just want to jump in a HOT shower and relax the rest of the day! *LOL*

Ya'll stay tuned to see how long I can keep this up! And if I win a "Fabulous Prize" Ya'll will be the first to know!

3 comments:

D said...

Thanks Amy!! I see I fixed it so people can leave comments huh? *L* Hope to see more of it!

LisaK said...

You go girl! I am proud of you! I wish I lived closer b/c I would join you! Sounds like a great workout!

D said...

Thanks Lisa! I wish you lived closer too I would love the company!!