Friday, December 30, 2005

You've been waiting all day for this post haven't you?

Go ahead admit it! You know you want to know what my surprise was don't you? *G*

Well as you know yesterday was my birthday (I'm not ashamed to tell you I am 36) It didn't start off that great....hubby was being....well let's just say he can be a ray of sunshine sometimes...and then sometimes.....GRRRR! Anyway, so I get to work and a few people call to tell my Happy Birthday....things are looking up....I get through work and head home to shower and get ready for the festivities! Usually I am the one who plans surprises and handles all the arrangements for just about everything any of us EVER do...(Must be that first born thing!) So I am VERY excited!

I am sort of hoping that they take me to a restaraunt and all my family and friends will be there to celebrate all things me....but that did not happen! *G* I am told that we are going to the restaraunt of my choosing and then I will be blindfolded and led to my final surprise. Sounds fun so far! I am also told we will be traveling to Charlotte....a good 45 mins. from my home....this gives me a clue as to where we are going but I don't say anything...they have worked very hard to keep this secret....

Ok so after a little searching we decide that we'll eat at Lonestar Steakhouse. Dinner was nice....my drink was VERY strong! and they sang to me! I just love that stuff! I know it's cheesy but again I like the attention! *L* #1 SIL gave me a CD and a cute card...MIL gave me a GC to Belk...and Stepmom paid for surprise....so it's turning into a fine evening!

Once we get into the parking lot the adventure begins...out comes the scarf and for the next 10 minutes all I can do is hope that they make it to the destination without my constant help as the backseat driver! *LOL* I am a terrible passenger! MUST DRIVE ALL THE TIME! Once we get into the parking lot I am helped out of the car and told to hold on to #1 SIL's hand....they lead me through parking lot....down 2 flights of stairs....and around several curves. All the while people must be looking at us like we are INSANE! The girls tell them it's a birthday gift and most played along.....one guy told me I would need lots of $1 bills where I was going....another lady said that they were just torturing me! *G* #1 SIL was trying to give me clues to make me think I was going ice-skating! Now I must tell you I am a big girl (Volumptous some might say! *L*) I told them that I didn't realize we were doing Hippos on Ice but I was game for anything! (I had decided that no matter what they might have come up with I was going to love it!) When they finally told me to take off the scarf I was so excited! I didn't know where I was but I was excited! *L* Finally I turned around and saw the Marquee...................


We were going to see the Radio City Music Hall Rockettes in their Christmas Spectacular! I was loving it! I love all things theatre and I have never seen the rockettes live so I knew this was going to be a hoot! We found our seats and settled in for a wonderful performance! The ladies were great and the program was cute! The finale was a live nativity with camels, peeing sheep and a donkey! What could be better than that I ask you? *LOL*

So now I have a whole year to wait to get spoiled again! Darn it! I could get used to being the center of attention! *LOL*

2 comments:

Sheri said...

awww. that sounds like a FABULOUS birthday!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

D said...

Thanks! It was very nice of them wasn't it?