Monday, September 19, 2005

When did I become the responsible one?

I just had a conversation w/ the stepmonster that I just didn't want to have....and had I been her I wouldn't have wanted to have it w/ my mom either! ever done that with your teenage child? Well she is no longer a teenager...she's 20! *G* Do you catch yourself saying things that you heard your mom say? Do you look behind you and wonder when your mom came in the room? Or is that just me?

where to begin....


Stepmonster can sometimes....most of the time...be convinced that I already know that she has done something before I really do...only parents may understand that one......anyway, she does tell me a lot more things than I EVER told or will EVER tell my own mother. Maybe it has something to do w/ me being the step-parent or maybe it's just that I harrass her until she spills her guts! *LOL* I say all that to say this....I WAS SHOCKED this morning by her appearance!!


She came into the livingroom this morning before she gets ready for church and asks me what I think of our young neighbor....????????

ME: "You mean our 28 yr old neighbor?...the one who lives w/ his parents next door?"

SM: "He's only 27!"

ME:...now noticing a mark on her neck....."You mean the same neighbor who gave you a HICKEY at the little neighborhood get-together last night?????"

SM: grabbing the TURTLE NECK she is wearing in 90 degree weather! "Uh...yeah....I know I told him I wasn't happy about that!"

ME:trying to stay calm and sounding incredibly stupid......"How did that happen?

SM: giving me a look to let me know she knows I am stupid! "We were just kissing and........."

AND?????


AND?????


My brain is jumping all over the place! I decide the best I can do at that moment is drop it and let her go finish getting ready for church....BTW, her idea to hide the evidence?....Keep in mind I didn't see this until she had walked around like this ALL DAY!!!!!!


a large make-up line from one ear to the other!



OH NO That won't make people notice the 2 large marks on your neck!!! No way will people catch on to that diabolical plan! You are a GENIUS!!!





Now I must say I like the neighbor..he seems like a nice enough guy...he drinks.... but for the most part he is pretty cool. That being said...my problem with this whole thing...besides his age....is.....

HE IS OUR NEIGHBOR!

What happens if this "romance" goes further? What happens if it doesn't? He is STILL our neighbor! Do you know what I mean? I can't look at him the same now! And my hubby....always the oblivious one....could only muster up..."Is there anything on your neck I need to see?" After I asked him if he noticed anything! In his defense he has worked the last 3 nights so he hasn't had much sleep....but still! I am sure he may have more questions tomorrow after he has had some sleep...I HOPE he has more questions after he has had some sleep! *LOL* I wonder how he will feel about the neighbor now? I mean they are always doing things out in the yard together!

When I tried talking to SM this evening all I got was an attitude! She doesn't understand why she can't just "get to know him better"! Well dear there is nothing wrong w/ getting to know him better!!! Should have tried that before he played VAMPIRE ON YOUR NECK!!!! When I try to explain to her that she allowed herself to get into a very sticky situation very quickly..she didn't want to hear it! When I tried to explain to her that she put me & her dad in a bad spot...she didn't want to talk anymore.....when I shut up she stomped down the hall and then stomped back up the hall and out the door to go to the neighbors house!!!!!

What to do...What to do!! I can't ground her...she is 20 for goodness sake! I can't ground him! I can't tell him to not see her...Can I? I just see this ending badly....I see it causing trouble w/ the neighbors

If you have any advice for me I would sure appreciate it!

No comments: