Saturday, April 21, 2007

100 years...

Today the town I work in celebrated their 100th year! It's a small town...population < class="blsp-spelling-corrected" id="SPELLING_ERROR_1">fliers to hand out for different ministries in the church. I am sure you're thinking 2 things...1. She goes to church? and 2. Why wait so late to work on those fliers? Well, I must say I am offended by your first question! *L* And your second question gets me a little touchy as well. You see I would not have been up at 4:30 in the AM if certain people who shall remain nameless would have turned in their info in a timely manner! UGH! Oh well, I was able to put a little something together and everyone seemed happy with it.

As far as small town celebrations go, this one was even smaller than you can imagine! There were only 7 booths and 4 of those were churches! *LOL* The best thing I can say about the day was that the weather was AWESOME! High 70's w/ a slight breeze. Perfect Festival weather.


I was hoping to come home and take a nap but had no such luck. The manager from my Second Job called and asked me to come in for another lady whose mother had been taken to the hospital yesterday. SAINT that I am I decided to go. I get there and who do I see? Lady I am working for! Could someone have called me? NOPE. #3 Manager (whom I don't like working with) asked me to stay and send other lady home...other lady didn't want to go home...#3 Mgr. only wanted me to stay because she knows other lady is new and she would have to actually work if I didn't stay. I left 2 hrs. later and now I am ready to crash!

I am going to pull on my pj's and curl up on the sofa and pray there is nothing good on TV so I will fall right to sleep! *LOL*

Have a great weekend y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

70 degrees? Are you sure? It felt like 90. And I had no clue we were handing out flyers. LOL Yes, it was a pretty sad looking celebration. The highlight of it all was the free food from our church. :)