Friday, January 04, 2008

"Leavin' on a Jet Plane"

I am so proud of my brother.

He is going on a Mission trip to Haiti next week! It's sort of a last minute thing, he found out about the trip in Oct. and rushed to get all his paperwork in order so he could go. They will be gone for 6 days. I know very little about Haiti except that they don't seem to like Americans. What makes me so proud of Big Dog (what I'll call him here) is not only is he doing this because he feels it's what God would have him do; but, it is sooooo far out of his comfort zone. #1 he is flying for the first time, something he has been afraid to do until now. #2 he will be teaching 70 local pastors 2 lessons next week. I can remember how much he struggled in school (so much so he never graduated H.S.) and to think that he will be teaching in front of so many just blows my mind.

I went today to pick up a few cards for each of the guys going on the trip. I have told my brother I want him to give them out to the guys sometime while they are gone. I have been trying to think of what I want to write in his card but "I'm proud of you" just doesn't seem to be enough. I only have a few more days to figure it out though so I better get on it!

If you are the praying type please say a little prayer for safety, wisdom and strength for this group as they leave on the 9th!


Thanks!

No comments: