Saturday, January 06, 2007

Releasing Stepmonster out into the Wild!

I have hestiated writing this post for fear it may not come true....but maybe by putting it out there in the universe I can will it into existence!

A little background...

We came home from the Fabulous Vacation to an email from "The (ex-)neighbor's" mom. She just wanted to thank us for her vacation. It seems that while we were away we had allowed her son to come "shack-up" (that's a southern term for living together while not married...just in case you needed a translation *G*) w/ stepmonster. Oh and he got to bring his yapping dog too! We are too kind! I was 6 levels of pissed off before I even finshed the email. I told SB who was also angry but not as mad as me. UNTIL....while talking to Stepmonster (SM here on out) I mention that he could have taken anything in the house while we were gone. SB runs to our room and starts yelling "Oh Hell no!" I am almost laughing and say "You're kidding..he really didn't take something" Oh but he did....SB's shotgun was missing! We looked all over the house but could not find it. I emailed the mother and told her that we called the police to file a report and to expect a visit from the sherriff's office. I was shocked to get an email back from her saying that although the gun was not at her house she had no doubts he probably took it. She also began telling us, through SEVERAL emails over the next few days, that her son was no good and SM should "run not walk as far away from him as she could!" That's nice of a mom to say huh? We also spoke to her closest friend who just happened to be home on leave from the Air Force while we were gone. She told us that Boyfriend drove our vehicles w/out our permission. Even if we had known he was at our home we would not have allowed that because he HAS NO LICENSE DUE TO A DWI!
I spoke to several family members on both sides of the famiy and our preacher about what we should do. EVERY ONE of them said "You need to make her find a place of her own" So I went to SB and said that's what we're going to do. He was less than thrilled but after telling him that I wasn't going to compromise on IF she could stay but only on HOW LONG she could stay, he came around.
We sat her down and explained to her that we could no longer trust her to be alone in our home and among other things we were making her responsible for replacing the gun...she should get Boyfriend to help pay...but ultimately it was up to her. She needed to get her car put in her name and get her own insrance. She also had until the end of April to save up for a place to live and GET OUT! In case you think we are kicking out a child...let me just say she will be 22 next month. She should already be gone as far as I am concerned but SB is a softy when it comes to his only daughter.
So, as of April 30th SB & I will be alone at the Bay! YEAH!

Only 120 days to go....but whose counting?

No comments: